Skip to content
How should I clear my head of 9M+ thoughts after climbing in bed?
- Journal to let go of all thoughts in your head (three things you are grateful for, What could you have done to make today better? How do you feel?)
- Create and stick with a bed routine will help your mind understand it is shutting down mode.
- Remove all technology from your room, it will let your body know this is a sanctuary and there is only two things happening here Sex and Sleep.
- Create your calendar for the next day.
How to stop tossing and turning all night?
- Make sure you’re only sleeping in your bed, your body might think you should be doing something else.
- Make sure there are no lights, it should be as close to pitch black as possible.
- You might be stressed out. Identify the three of your biggest sources of stress in your life and minimize or get rid of them.
- Make sure you’re getting exercise during the day, your body is probably not tired enough.
- Get a white noise machine, a fan, or meditation music so you have something to focus on.
How do I stay asleep? I wake up around 2 or 3 am and have trouble going back to sleep?
- Remove technology from the room.
- Make sure temperature in your room is cool about between 65-71 degree F.
- What is waking you up? Try to remove it.
- Get a sleep mask.
- Get earplugs, my favorite the Hearos brand, they’re easy to wear and still allows you to hear your alarm.
I can’t seem to wake up right away, I keep hitting snooze?
- Put your alarm where you’ll have to get up to stop it.
- Make sure you’re staying hydrated, at least 64 ounces of water a day.
- Make sure you’re eating enough. If you’re under-eating then it will be harder to wake up because you’ll be more fatigued.
- Make sure you’re sleeping for long enough, 7 hours bare minimum.
- Make sure your quality of sleep is a good as you can get it.
Why do we feel more tired if we sleep 9 hours as opposed to getting only 5 hours of sleep?
- Sleep quality is more important than the quantity of sleep you get.
- Numerous factors are involved.
I feel really tired all day.
- If you have a caffeine addiction, discourage it as much as possible.
- Make sure you are eating foods that add energy.
- If you wake up before your alarm, just get up. Going back to sleep will make you more tired.
- Make sure you’re staying hydrated.
- Cut back on the alcohol before bed.
- Don’t snooze, snoozing makes you more tired.
- Remove all possible sounds and lights from your bedroom so they don’t worsen your sleep.